Saturday, March 27, 2010

le red carpet look

It's time for the Rimmel10 challenge number two! For the first challenge, we had to wipe the slate clean and go about our everyday lives without make-up, and then create our own everyday Rimmel look. Now, as Rimmel quotes "we want you to go in the complete opposite direction" with a red carpet look! For this look, we had to build a look around the amazing (seriously, amazing) Max Volume Flash mascara, which I have in Extreme Black. I decided to go all out and create a super bold look. Although I love the red carpet glamour look, I took a different approach and did a more fun, creative look. For my eyes, I used of course the Max Volume Flash mascara, the Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil in Jet Black on my lower lids, Glam'Eyes Mono Eye Shadow in Celestial Sapphire and then I used Natural Bronzer in Sun Light and Moisture Renew lipstick in Dreamy for the rest of my face.

I was a little scared with the blue eyeshadow at first because in the past when I've used blue eyeshadow it was either too purple or too green and no matter how many coats of it I put on, it never got the blue I was hoping for, so I'd only use a blue eyeliner. Glam'Eyes achieves what an eyeliner can and more! I applied it like an eyeliner because it comes with a double sided brush, and the smaller side worked great to get a smooth application. And the color is so electric blue! I really really like it and I'll definitely be using it for more nights out.

The Max Volume Flash mascara leaves me speechless. But, I mean, of course I'm going to talk about it. It has collagen and keratin in the formula, providing the thickest, most glam lashes I've ever had. Just a couple coats of this baby and I was instantly taken aback! I also like how it doesn't clump and stays on my lashes all day (or night).

Because I had an intense eye get-up, I chose to have a softer lip, and thus I used the Moisture Renew lipstick in Dreamy. It's a very nice pinky beige color with a little bit of shimmer to glam things up. I'm already familiar with the Moisture Renew lipstick, so it wasn't a surprise when it glided on my lips and didn't get cakey or anything! And I looove the color and is great for everyday when you need just a little more. And the Rimmel Natural Bronzer has been a favorite of mine since day one to warm up the skin just enough to give me a healthy looking glow.

This challenge was super fun and although I created a more casual look, I still felt glamourous and ready for the red carpet! Well, maybe more of a Grammy's type red carpet than the Academy Awards but either way...







No comments:

Post a Comment